Help Shape the Future of Medical and Behavioral Research Become a CSR Scientific Review Officer
CSR is actively seeking individuals to fill several openings for Extramural Support Assistants (ESAs). They assist CSR’s Scientific Review Officers and work with talented scientists from across the country by helping to coordinate the reviews of NIH grant applications.
ESAs help ensure the vitality of the NIH peer review by using their administrative, technical, communication and interpersonal skills to--
- Make preparations for study section meetings and project site visits
- Coordinate travel and meeting logistics
- Prepare correspondence related to reviewer travel and meeting participation
- Share administrative responsibilities at meetings
- Prepare preliminary summary statements for Scientific Review Officers
- Manage meeting documentation for official government records.
- A dynamic scientific community
- Opportunities to work with others committed to advancing science and health
- Competitive benefits packages
- A family-friendly work place
- Educational and professional development opportunities
Join a Dynamic Community
Our employees belong to one of the world’s most vigorous and diverse research communities. The Center for Scientific of Review (CSR) plays a critical role in helping the National Institute of Health fulfill its mission of Turning Discovery Into Health. CSR employs a large, dynamic group of scientists, administrators, support and technical professionals who share a deep commitment to advancing science and health by making sure NIH grant applications are fairly, expertly and efficiently reviewed.
Our employees also work in one of the premier areas in the nation: Montgomery County, Maryland—a thriving, cosmopolitan county just outside of Washington, D.C.
Enjoy the Benefits of Working for CSR
ESAs are key professionals who are encouraged to obtain training to further their professional development.
ESAs may take advantage of—
- Educational opportunities
- Flexible work schedules
- Telework opportunities
- NIH child care centers
- Onsite fitness center and classes
To see all the benefits, go to the Life@NIH Web page.
Examples of qualifying experience:
- Performing clerical tasks
- Utilizing automated systems and software
- Inputting information into databases
- Providing logistical support
- Preparing travel documents
- Providing general office support
Learn More About Jobs at the NIH Center for Scientific Review
Learn More About Job Opportunities
NIH Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All jobs selections are based solely on merit, with no discrimination for non-merit reasons such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.