The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
The membership panel is a list of chartered members only.
- Behavioral prevention and intervention of obesity, including clinical trials to reduce risk of further weight gain or to maintain weight loss in humans.
- Chronic disease risk prevention and interventions through changes in dietary intake and physical activity.
- Behavioral prevention and intervention of metabolic syndrome and diabetes development.
- Cancer risk prevention or reduction, including efforts to develop screening protocols, and improve adherence to screening recommendations.
- Cardiovascular disease risk prevention or reduction, including efforts to reduce risk of subsequent cardiac events.
Shared Interests and Overlaps
- RPHB/BMIO: PRDP and BMIO have a shared interest in disease prevention and intervention using behavioral methods across the spectrum. Applications focused on disease risk and prevention strategies, cancer screening, and obesity/weight reduction and treatment studies are reviewed in PRDP; applications focused on slowing/tracking the progression of these diseases, mitigating complications, improving treatment compliance and outcome, and reducing associated pain are reviewed in BMIO.
- RPHB/PDRP: PRDP and PDRP have a shared interest in obesity prevention. Applications focused on the prevention of obesity in general are reviewed in PRDP; applications focused on the risk and protective factors related to developmental courses that may contribute to obesity (parenting skills, social relationships, etc.) are reviewed in PDRP.
- RPHB/MESH: PRDP and MESH have a shared interest in obesity and sleep studies. Applications concerned with sleep as a secondary factor in obesity prevention and treatment are reviewed in PRDP; applications focused how sleep interacts primarily with physical and mental health are reviewed in MESH.
- HDM/CLHP: PRDP and CLHP have a shared interest in prevention interventions. Applications concerned with individual or family based preventative interventions are reviewed in PRDP; applications of community level interventions dealing with social environment change and policy change are reviewed in CLHP.
- PSE/KNOD: PRDP and KNOD have a shared interest in the primary prevention of obesity. Applications focused on obesity prevention and treatment interventions at the individual level, including those concerned with changes in diet and physical activity are reviewed in PRDP; applications focused on epidemiology and genetic epidemiology of obesity and pathophysiological mechanisms are reviewed in KNOD.
- EMNR/CIDO: PRDP and CIDO have a shared interest in the investigation of obesity risk factors. Applications focused on psychosocial/behavioral understanding of obesity risks or weight loss maintenance are reviewed in PRDP; applications focused on biological and physiological obesity risk factors are reviewed in CIDO