The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
The membership panel is a list of chartered members only.
- Delivery of nucleic acids, peptide/protein complexes, vaccines, genes, small molecules, antibiotics, theranostics and other drugs and biomaterials to biological targets.
- Delivery vehicles including plasmids, viruses, liposomes, micelles, vesicles, nanoparticles, biomaterials, and cells.
- Delivery strategies including electroporation, ultrasound, light, and ballistic methods.
- Study of the physiological barriers to delivery (e.g., membrane, tissue, cellular, trafficking, physical).
- Studies of the interactions of delivery vehicles, devices, and/or payloads with the immune system.
Shared Interests and Overlaps
There are shared interests with Biomaterials and Biointerfaces (BMBI) in the area of gene/drug delivery. Applications that focus on biocompatibility of delivery vehicles, gene/drug delivery from implants may be assigned to BMBI. Applications that focus more on the design and development of novel delivery vehicles, vectors, or payloads may be assigned to GDD.
There are shared interests with SRGs on developing anti-cancer therapeutics. Applications that focus more on the design and delivery of novel vehicles, vectors, or payloads may be assigned to GDD. Applications that focus on target identification, high throughput screening, molecular mechanisms of cancer and chemoresistance, and translational studies may be assigned elsewhere (Cancer Immunopathology and Immunotherapy (CII), Drug Discovery and Molecular Pharmacology (DMP), and Developmental Therapeutics (DT)).
There are shared interests with Nanotechnology (NANO) in the area of nano-therapeutics. Applications that focus on viral vectors or biological delivery issues involving the use of nanoparticles may be assigned to GDD. Applications focused on the synthesis, chemical properties, biodistribution, and toxicology of nanoparticle-based delivery platforms may be assigned to NANO
There are shared interests with Vaccines Against Microbial Diseases (VMD) in the area of adjuvant and vaccine development for the treatment of microbial disease. Applications that focus on adjuvant and vaccine design and delivery may be assigned to GDD. Applications that focus on immune function, host defense, and microbial pathogenesis may be assigned to VMD.