The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
The membership panel is a list of chartered members only.
- Nuclear Organization and Dynamics: Chromatin structure and function, Chromatin regulators, Heterochromatin, Chromatin domains, higher order chromatin and genome organization, Chromatin dynamics, Long-range chromatin interactions, Epigenetic regulation of chromatin structure, Chromosome aberrations, Nuclear organelles, Nuclear envelope, Lamins, Nuclear pore complex (NPC), Ribonucleoproteins, Ribosomal biogenesis and export.
- Cytoskeletal Organization and Dynamics: Functional studies of actin and microtubule filaments, Myosins, Dyneins, Kinesins and other molecular motors and cargos, Intermediate filaments and specialized intracellular structures.
- Mechanisms of Cell Division: Mitosis, Cytokinesis and Meiosis, Centromere, Centrosome, Centriole, Basal body, Mitotic spindle assembly, Kinetochore, Microtubules, Motor proteins, Chromosome movement, Cohesion, Chromosomal crossover, Synaptonemal complex, Aneuploidy.
- Cell Shape and Motility: Mechanical properties and forces of cells, Cell polarity, Cell motility, Cell adhesion, extracellular matrix interactions with the cytoskeleton, adhesions, Cilia, Podosomes, Flagella, intraflagellar transport.
- Intracellular Transport: Nucleocytoplasmic transport, Targeting, translocation, and processing of newly synthesized proteins and vesicular cargos, Membrane trafficking, Membrane protein targeting, Endosomes, Endosomal trafficking, Clathrin mediated trafficking, Endocytosis, Exocytosis, Vacuolar targeting, Endocytosis.
Shared Interests and Overlaps
There are shared interests with Cellular Signaling and Regulatory Systems (CSRS) in cell division (mitosis and meiosis). Applications with a focus on dynamics of cellular structures in mechanisms involved in cell division are reviewed in NCSD. Studies on regulation of cell division such as cell cycle and check-points are reviewed in CSRS There are shared interests with Intercellular Interactions (ICI) in the area of cell motility, adhesion, and migration. The studies at cellular level are reviewed in ICI and those at molecular level are reviewed in NCSD. Mechanobiology studies involved in cytokinesis and mitosis are also reviewed in NCSD There are shared interests with Membrane Biology and Protein Processing (MBPP) in areas of membrane protein targeting and trafficking, endocytosis, exocytosis, vesicular transport, and processing of newly synthesized proteins. There are shared interests with Molecular Genetics A (MGA) and Molecular Genetics B (MGB) in the areas of chromatin biology and nucleic acids. Applications to understand cellular processes of chromatin dynamics or RNA trafficking are reviewed in NCSD. Applications with a primary focus on studying molecular mechanisms of replication or gene expression are reviewed in MGA or MGB There are shared interests with Macromolecular Structure and Function C (MSFC) in molecular motors. Applications may be reviewed in MSFC if the primary focus is to study structure-function. There are shared interests with Synapses, Cytoskeleton and Trafficking (SYN) in cytoskeletal proteins and molecular motor assembly, endocytosis, exocytosis, RNA localization and targeting. Applications focused on the molecular neuronal mechanism (especially in excitable neuronal cells) would typically be reviewed in SYN