The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
The membership panel is a list of chartered members only.
- Normal structure and function of the glomerulus and its constituent cells; immune and non-immune glomerular diseases including lupus nephritis.
- Mechanisms and consequences of acute kidney injury/acute renal failure and toxic injury to the kidney.
- Mechanisms of acute kidney injury transition to chronic kidney disease and renal fibrosis.
- Diabetic nephropathy, nephrotic syndrome, podocyte biology, proteinuria, complications and management of uremia, and renal replacement therapies including dialysis (hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis).
- Vascular biology of the kidney and renal hemodynamics; the role of the kidney in the regulation of blood pressure and in the development of hypertension.
- Studies on kidney transplantation including basic and clinical aspects of kidney ablation, chronic allograft nephropathy, allograft rejection/tolerance, and prevention and/or treatment of rejection.
Shared Interests and Overlaps
There are sheared interests with Kidney Molecular Biology and Genitourinary Organ Development Study Section [KMBD]. Blood pressure regulation (hypertension) applications involving basic genetics and renal transport systems as well as polycystic kidney disease (PKD) applications involving basic cellular and molecular mechanisms of the disease are reviewed by KMBD.
There are sheared interests with Hypertension and Microcirculation [HM]. Hypertension applications involving cardiovascular biology, microcirculation, lymphatic and central or peripheral nervous system are reviewed by HM. Applications involving hypertension-induced kidney injury may be assigned to PBKD.
There are sheared interests with Kidney, Nutrition, Obesity and Diabetes [KNOD]. Kidney disease applications with a sole focus on epidemiological studies, outcome research or behavioral/physical activities are reviewed by KNOD whereas studies which also include animal studies are reviewed by PBKD.