The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
The membership panel is a list of chartered members only.
- Genetic/epigenetic regulation of differentiation, development, plasticity/adaptation and function of pancreatic islet cells; interactions of islet cells with local microenvironment, immune, stromal and vascular cells; beta cell replacement and stem cell biology.
- Differentiation and function of adipocytes; structure and function of adipocyte-secreted biologically active molecules. Adipose tissue depot biogenesis and remodeling, interactions of adipocytes with immune, stromal and vascular cells.
- Mitochondrial signaling and function in pancreatic endocrine cells and adipocytes
- Insulin action; mechanisms of insulin signaling; glucose transport; downstream signaling pathways in insulin action, including the actions of scaffold proteins, phospholipids, kinases, and phosphatases.
- Islet hormones and novel factors that coordinate central and peripheral communication of nutrient status.
- Cellular mechanisms of nutrient sensing and signaling in adipocytes, liver, and muscle cells as related to control of metabolism and glucose homeostasis.
- Genetics of obesity and diabetes; analysis of the functional consequences of specific genetic alterations concerning obesity and/or diabetes.
Shared Interests and Overlaps
There are shared interests with Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology (MCE) in the investigation of pancreatic islet cells and adipocytes biology. Applications that focus on genetics/epigenetic regulation and differentiation of pancreatic islet cells and adipocytes may be reviewed by CADO. Applications that seek to understand signal transduction and transcriptional regulation of hormones and growth factors on pancreatic islet cells or adipocytes function may be reviewed by MCE.
There are shared interests with Integrative Physiology of Obesity and Diabetes (IPOD) in the investigation of insulin action, glucose homeostasis, metabolism, and diabetes. Applications that focus on downstream signaling pathways of glucose regulation may be reviewed by CADO. Applications that seek to understand neural regulatory pathways that modulate glucose regulation and metabolism may be reviewed by IPOD.
There are shared interests with Clinical and Integrative Diabetes and Obesity (CIDO) in the investigation of metabolic regulation in type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Applications that use cells or animal models to understand biological regulation of obesity and diabetes may be reviewed by CADO. Applications focused on human interventions and clinical trials may be reviewed by CIDO.
There are shared interests with Hypersensitivity, Autoimmune, and Immune-mediated Diseases (HAI) in the investigation of immune modulation of islet cell function and diabetes. Applications that focus on immune cell modulation of pancreatic islet cell function and diabetes may be reviewed by CADO. Applications focused in understanding immune cell function and regulation may be reviewed by HAI.
There are shared interests with Atherosclerosis and Inflammation of the Cardiovascular System Study Section (AICS) in the investigation of adipose tissue depot biogenesis and remodeling. Applications that focus on modulation of adipocyte differentiation and function by vascular cells may be reviewed by CADO. Applications focused on understanding vascular cells, atherosclerosis, or vascular inflammation in the context of obesity may be reviewed by AICS.