The HIV/AIDS Vaccines [VACC] Study Section reviews applications concerned with all aspects of development of vaccines against HIV and related retroviruses.
- Identification of potential vaccine epitopes or immunogens.
- Design and development of different types of candidate immunogens.
- Delivery and formulation approaches, including use of live attenuated vectors and novel adjuvants, to target specific immune responses or augment immunogenicity.
- New and improved methodologies to assess vaccine–induced immune responses, including the development or improvement of animal models for vaccine testing.
- Assessment of safety, efficacy and correlates of protection of candidate vaccines in animal models and humans.