The Brain Injury and Neurovascular Pathologies [BINP] Study Section reviews applications aimed to understanding mechanisms of neural injury, related vascular abnormalities, and alterations in the blood brain barrier in stroke, brain ischemia, traumatic brain injury, blast injury, and intracerebral hemorrhage among other conditions.
- Development of novel in vivo and in vitro models of acute neural injury.
- Identification and analysis of molecular mechanisms and signal transduction pathways of cell death and a role for various types of cell death in acute neural injury.
- Identification of novel therapeutic targets, neuroprotective agents and therapeutic strategies to prevent and treat neural injury.
- Studies aimed at elucidating a role for age, gender, genetics, and environment in response to and recovery from acute brain injury.
- A role for blood brain barrier and vascular functions in development and treatment of neural injury.