The Clinical Research and Field Studies of Infectious Diseases [CRFS] Study Section reviews applications that address population-based studies on the emergence, spread, control, and prevention of infectious diseases (including potential agents of bioterrorism) that affect humans.
- Design and execution of investigator-initiated clinical studies for testing agents or strategies for preventing or treating infectious diseases
- Identification of factors involved in the pathogenesis, emergence and spread of infectious diseases.
- Diagnostics for the detection, identification, and surveillance of infectious diseases
- Molecular epidemiology of infectious diseases, including genetic characterization of both the pathogen and the host
- Studies that address the potential infectious etiology of human disease