The ECR Application and Vetting System (EAVS)
Using EAVS, you will have the option to apply for the ECR Program, update your information or make a referral.Getting Started
To get started, make sure you have the following items available:
Public reporting burden for this collection of information is estimated to average 25 minutes per response, including the time for reviewing instructions, searching existing data sources, gathering and maintaining the data needed, and completing and reviewing the collection of information. An agency may not conduct or sponsor, and a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. Send comments regarding this burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including suggestions for reducing this burden, to: NIH, Project Clearance Branch, 6705 Rockledge Drive, MSC 7974, Bethesda, MD 20892-7974, ATTN: PRA (0925). Do not return the completed form to this address. The information provided in your online application will be kept private to the extent allowed by law and not disclosed to anyone but the staff of CSR that process the application except as otherwise required by law. The Public Health and Welfare Act provides the legislative authority for the Early Career Reviewer Program, including the online application, under U.S.C. Title 42. Your online application to the ECR program is strictly voluntary and there are no consequences for choosing not to participate. You may choose to email your CV, areas of expertise, and study section selections to the CSRearlyCareerReviewer@mail.nih.gov.
- Full and up-to-date CV (Word or PDF format). Do not submit an NIH biosketch.
- List of terms that describe your areas of scientific expertise. These should be key words or phrases that describe your scientific and technical skills and interests.
- NIH Commons ID (Case Sensitive). If you do not have one, please talk with your institution’s grants office to set up a Commons account. Directions can be found at http://era.nih.gov/commons/faq_commons.cfm.
- Select up to 4 CSR study sections that match your areas of research interest and expertise.
- You will also be prompted to create a username (your university/institution email) and password to access EAVS.