The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
The membership panel is a list of chartered members only.
- All aspects of retinal vasculogenesis and angiogenesis, physiological and pathological.
- Etiology and pathogenic mechanisms of diseases and disorders of retina and optic nerve, including age-related macular degeneration(AMD), retinopathy of prematurity (ROP), diabetic retinopathy (DR), glaucoma and other optic neuropathies, and inherited retinal degenerations, such as retinitis pigmentosa, Stargardt's Disease, Leber’s Congenital Amaurosis, etc.
- Neuroimmunology and inflammation associated with age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, optic neuropathies, etc.
- Preclinical evaluation of treatment targets and approaches, including gene therapy and stem cell-based therapy.
- Application of new technologies of imaging and visual function testing for diagnosis and monitoring of diseases and disorders of the retina and optic nerve.
Shared Interests and Overlaps
Ocular Surface, Cornea, Anterior Segment Glaucoma, and Refractive Error Special Emphasis Panel [ZRG1 BDCN-J (81)] vs DPVS: All aspects of immunology, infection, and inflammation unique to the eye, such as uveitis are reviewed in ZRG1 BDCN-J (81) vs. aspects of immunology and inflammation associated with AMD, DR, optic neuropathies, etc. are reviewed in DPVS. Anterior eye segment contribution to glaucoma reviewed by ZRG1 BDCN-J (81) vs. optic neuropathies, including glaucoma (posterior eye segment) are reviewed by DPVS.
Biology of the Visual System (BVS) vs DPVS: The basic biological studies of the eye with the focus on the fundamental processes and mechanisms are reviewed by BVS vs. applications where the major focus is on etiology, pathophysiology, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases and disorders that are reviewed in DPVS. All aspects of retinal vasculogenesis and angiogenesis are reviewed in DPVS. Normal and abnormal retinal and ocular development (not vasculature) are reviewed by BVS.
Genetics of Health and Disease (GHD) vs DPVS: Applications strongly focused on the genetics or transcriptome functions in ocular disorders are reviewed by GHD. Bioengineering of Neuroscience, Vision and Low Vision Technologies (BNVT) vs DPVS: Development of bioengineering approaches, therapeutic formulations and drug delivery strategies for treatment of ocular disorders are reviewed by BNVT vs. testing the applicability of these approaches and therapies for the treatment of diseases and disorders of retina and optic nerve using animal models and human-subject based studies are reviewed by DPVS.
Neuroscience and Ophthalmic Imaging Technologies (NOIT) vs DPVS: Applications focused on the development of imaging methodologies are primarily reviewed by NOIT vs their use for the disorders and diseases of retina and optic nerve are reviewed by DPVS.
Neurotransporters, Receptors, Channels and Calcium Signaling (NTRC) vs DPVS: Applications more focused on fundamental cellular mechanisms and simple circuit interactions in the retina are reviewed by NTRC vs. more translational, clinical studies are reviewed by DPVS.
Neurodifferentiation, Plasticity, and Regeneration (NDPR) vs DPVS: Applications more focused on fundamental cellular and molecular mechanisms of axonal outgrowth, regeneration of neuronal connectivity are reviewed in NDPR vs. more translational, clinical studies related to optic neuropathies, optic nerve injuries, etc. reviewed by DPVS.