ETTN (13) Small Business Special Emphasis Panel (SEP) reviews topics that seek to develop assays, model systems, tools, reagents and interventions to probe the biological and/or physiological underpinnings of psychiatric, neurological or neurodegenerative diseases. In addition, the development of biomarkers and diagnostics to aid/or assist in the identification and establishment of interventions for disorders in the nervous system, development and aging are reviewed in this study section.
The methodologies which are covered include, but are not limited to cellular/molecular, genetic/genomic, chemical, electrophysiological, imaging, computational as well as digital assisted technologies.
- Assay systems using cellular/molecular, chemical, electrophysiological, behavioral, imaging, or digital-assisted methodology.
- Preclinical models for neurological and neuropsychiatric disorders, development or aging. E.g. model organisms, cell cultures, organ-chips, etc.
- Biomarkers and diagnostics for disorders in the CNS, PNS, development, or aging. E.g. in biological, chemical, electrophysiological, physiological, imaging, or digital modality.
- Tools, reagents and devices that facilitate the study of biological/physiological underpinnings or the development of therapeutics for disorders in the nervous system, development, or aging. E.g. in biological, chemical, electrophysiological, imaging, or digital form.
- Disease therapeutics and Interventions. E.g. small molecules, antisense oligos, gene therapy, cell replacement therapy, digital-assisted behavioral intervention, etc.
Shared Interests and Overlaps
ETTN13 shares overlapping topics with ETTN10, 11, 12 and 14 on instrumentation and treatment development, with an emphasis on assays, diagnostics, preclinical and early clinical developments.