New applications of imaging methodologies and ancillary tools for diagnostics and research applications are also reviewed in this study section. Implantable electrodes and various aspects of neuroprosthetic devices (new arrays, telemetry, external power, etc.) and their clinical and research applications are also covered. In addition, the development of technology including imaging and recording techniques; analytical and system control software are covered. The study section also reviews applications related to monitoring and interventional tools for neurovascular defects (such as aneurysms), stroke, and ICP monitoring.
The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
- Ways to improve prosthetic limbs (comfort, fit, control).
- Devices may include development of brain imaging and recording techniques, development of neuroprosthetic devices and biosensors.
- Development of devices, reagents, and software to probe channels, signal transduction, and the transducers themselves.
- Improved detection and treatment of stroke patients.
- Improved detection of traumatic brain injuries, especially mild to moderate ones that may go undetected in the “field”.
- Improved ability to detect and treat seizures, by improving the electrode placement or improving the capability for a non-neurologist to do it in the emergency room.
- Methods to improve and detect sleep disorders.
- Devices may include development of imaging and recording techniques, analytical and system control software, monitoring assay platforms, and cell culture systems.
Shared Interests and Overlaps
SSMI(10) - Small Business: Biomedical Devices and Bioengineering
SBMI(10) - Small Business: Medical Imaging
ETTN(13) – Small Business: Neuroscience Assay Development and Animal Models, Neuro-Development and Diagnostics