This study section also reviews applications dealing with the auditory system and hearing, including enhancing hearing of impaired individuals, diagnostic audiometry and devices or processes related to the neurobiology of the auditory system.
With respect to development and aging, studies may examine the basic biology of stem cells as well as strategies for their culture and differentiation in vitro and vivo. Novel strategies for animal cloning as well as the use of genetic approaches to address developmental questions are also covered. In addition, novel devices to assist and monitor geriatric patients are also covered.
The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
- Devices to enable the blind or people with low vision the ability to function more independently.
- Devices to enable diagnosis of specific ocular conditions more definitely or easier by a non-specialist.
- Improvements in the treatment of specific ocular disorders including improved drug delivery mechanisms to the eye.
- Development of methodologies used in the treatment of wound healing.
- Enhancement of hearing for the hearing impaired.
- Devices or processes related to the neurobiology of the auditory system.
- Development of auditory devices to allow better hearing in noisy environments to cochlear implants to improve hearing.
- Technologies which are designed to improve vestibular function.
- New models of aging: including transgenic, animal and cellular.
- Devices to assist as well as monitor geriatric patients.
Shared Interests and Overlaps