The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
The membership panel is a list of chartered members only.
- Perception, including visual processing of brightness, color, form, motion, and depth.
- Pattern and object recognition in all sensory domains, multi-sensory integration, cross-modal plasticity, and perceptual decision-making.
- Attention, including both its control and its influences on sensory representation, computation, and information flow within the brain
- Executive functions (other than learning and memory).
- Testable theoretical and computational modeling of neural systems with clear ties to the underlying neurobiology.
- Emotional and motivational processes that influence cognitive function.
- Studies of the structure, connectivity, hemispheric specialization, and function of cortical and subcortical regions subserving cognition and perception.
- Visual information processing in the neuronal circuits of the retina.
- Eye movements and the impact of eye movements on perception and cognition.
- Sensory and perceptual consequences of strabismus and amblyopia.
Shared Interests and Overlaps
Applications that focus on human behavior, with limited examination of neurobiological mechanisms, may be reviewed by Cognition and Perception (CP).
Applications that primarily focus on sensorimotor integration or motor control may be reviewed by Sensorimotor Integration Study Section (SMI) .
Applications that primarily focus on mechanisms of learning and memory may be reviewed by Neurobiology of Learning and Memory Study Section [LAM].
Studies with a focus on speech perception and language processing may be reviewed by Language and Communication Study Section [LCOM].
Studies with a focus on development of imaging technologies may be reviewed by Biomedical Imaging Technology (BMIT).
Studies focused on ion channels and transporters, glial physiology, cell biology, or molecular neurogenetic approaches may be reviewed by Neurotransporters, Receptors, Channels and Calcium Signaling (NTRC), Cellular and Molecular Biology of Glia (CMBG), Synapses, Cytoskeleton and Trafficking (SYN), Cellular Mechanisms in Aging and Development (CMAD), Molecular Neurogenetics (MNG), or Neurogenesis and Cell Fate (NCF). Applications focused on visual information processing and cognition are reviewed in SPC, while those centered on basic mechanisms of signaling in visual system may be reviewed in Biology of the Visual System (BVS).