The EMNR Small Business standing SEP [EMNR (10)] reviews SBIR/STTR applications in areas concerned with the endocrine, metabolic and nutritional basis of diabetes and obesity.
Specifically metabolic, molecular and neuroendocrine basis of energy expenditure and weight management, pathogenesis of obesity and diabetes and their management utilizing new and improved therapeutic strategies, bioengineering approaches in monitoring metabolic and nutritional biomarkers. In general EMNR S10 covers science range of IPOD, INMP, CADO and CIDO study sections and invokes clinical trials and studies in mammalian systems.
The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether standing members or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
- Energy balance, expenditure, thermogenesis, physical activity, exercise and bariatric surgery in the context of the pathogenesis or treatment of obesity and diabetes.
- Nutrient, Neutraceuticals and dietary intervention in the treatment of these metabolic and endocrine disorders including diabetic complications and peripheral artery disease.
- Adipocyte functions, adiponectin secreatagogues, inflammation and anti-inflammatory agents. Stem cell delivery for adipose tissue repair.
- Devices development and testing in clinical management/ treatment of metabolic and endocrine disorders and diabetic complications.
- Diagnostic assay kits and automated assays for regulators of insulin synthesis.
- Neuroendocrinology and pharmacological interventions in other endocrine disorders. Such as acromegaly, thyroid and growth hormone disorders in adult, pediatric and neonatal population.
- Biosensor (e.g., glucose sensors-chemical, optical and electrochemical etc.) to effect continuous glucose monitoring for effective treatment of diabetes; drug and nutrient delivery across cell and tissue systems. Differentiation, development, growth, and function of pancreatic islets, artificial pancreas. Beta cell viability and methods at optimization for use in islet transplantation and cell based therapies.
Shared Interests and Overlaps