Applications from small businesses which address basic and applied immunology, immunologic therapies, and diseases of immunologic origin are appropriate for review.
The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
- Immunoassays and immunologic markers: development of diagnostic tests and reagents for transplantation, neoplastic diseases, and autoimmune diseases
- Immunotherapeutic regimens: for transplantation, neoplastic diseases, autoimmune and immune mediated diseases, including allergy, diabetes, muscular sclerosis, systemic lupus erythematosus
- Antibodies: use of available polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies as therapeutics for immunologic diseases
- Cellular immune system: reagents for identification, characterization, and modulation of B lymphocytes, T lymphocytes, dendritic cells, eosinophils, stem cells, bone marrow, lymph nodes, mast cells, antigen-presenting cells, cytotoxic cells.
- Innate immune system: reagents for identification, characterization, and modulation of complement, monocytes, macrophages, neutrophils, basophils, mast cells, natural killer cells, and innate T cells.
- Immunomodulation of the immune system interactions: suppression, enhancement, biologics including adjuvants, cytokines, small molecules, proteins/peptides.
Shared Interests and Overlaps
There are shared interests with Endocrinology, Metabolism, Nutrition, and Reproductive Sciences Small Business Activities Special Emphasis Panel [EMNR (10)] for applications examining type 1 diabetes onset and progression. Areas concerned with the endocrine, metabolic and nutritional basis of diabetes and obesity may be appropriate for EMNR-10. Lymphocyte destruction of pancreatic beta cells and insulin deficiency, as well as anti-inflammatory agents, and stem cell replacement for diabetes may be reviewed in IMM-10.
There are shared interests in technologies and methods for immunological, enzymatic, or oligonucleotide sensors and reporters for bioassays and diagnostics with Bioanalytical Chemistry, Biophysics, and Assay Development Special Emphasis Panel [IMST (10)]. Applications related to disease-agnostic assay development, biochemistry and protein engineering, including producing synthetic antibodies, may be reviewed in IMST (10), whereas applications related to the use of bioassays and diagnostics for immunoassays and immunologic markers, including development of diagnostic tests and reagents for transplantation, neoplastic diseases, and autoimmune diseases are appropriate for IMM-10.
There are shared interests with Cell and Molecular Biology Special Emphasis Panel [IMST (15)], in the development of new technologies for cell culture, separations, and sorting, including flow cytometry and stem cells. Applications on technology development in cellular cultures, assays, measurements, and imaging, or technology development in genetic assays, diagnostics, sequencing, and engineering may be reviewed in IMST-15. Applications surrounding the sorting and flow cytometry of immune cells for identification, characterization, and modulation of monocytes, macrophages, neutrophils, basophils, mast cells, natural killer cells and T and B cells may be reviewed in IMM-10.
There are shared interests with Dermatology, Rheumatology and Inflammation Special Emphasis Panel [MOSS (12)] for inflammatory conditions of connective tissues, joints, and skin. Applications concerning products and devices used in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, disorders or injuries in the skin and joints may be reviewed in MOSS-12. Applications examining the immunological aspects of autoimmune diseases including rheumatoid arthritis may be reviewed in IMM-10.
There are shared interests with Cardiovascular and Respiratory Sciences Special Emphasis Panel [CVRS (11)] in the development of therapeutics that are focused on the pulmonary system and related organs. Applications involving diagnostics, medical devices and therapeutics that are focused on the entire pulmonary system and related organs may be reviewed in CVRS-11. Applications examining immunotherapeutic regimens for asthma and allergic diseases may be reviewed in IMM-10.
There are shared interests with Oncology Translational Clinical Special Emphasis Panels [OTC (10-14)] in oncological sciences. Applications concerning experimental therapy for neoplastic diseases in in vitro and in vivo model systems may be reviewed in OTC-10-14, whereas applications examining effector:regulatory immune cell imbalance and central and peripheral tolerance in tumor and transplant models may be reviewed in IMM-10.
There are shared interests with Immune Responses and Vaccines to Non-HIV Microbial Infections Special Emphasis Panel [IMM-(12)] in developing vaccines and the evaluation of immune responses. Applications focusing on infectious agents may be reviewed in IMM-12, while applications not related to microorganisms may be reviewed in IMM-10.