The Respiratory Sciences Small Business Activities Special Emphasis Panel [ZRG1 CVRS-H (11) B] reviews Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer Research (STTR) grant applications involving diagnostics, medical devices and therapeutics that are focused on the entire pulmonary system and related organs and processes and using approaches ranging from molecular level to organ to human investigations.
The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether standing members or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
- Lung function, inflammation, immune dysfunctions.
- Lung injury, repair and remodeling resulting from genetic, environmental, occupational, developmental, and toxic agents.
- Integrative biology of the lung, including biophysics, biomechanics, gas exchange, and the various control processes.
- Respiratory diseases and syndromes, including, but not limited to pulmonary fibrosis and interstitial lung diseases, asthma, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD), acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), sleep breathing disorders, and dysplasia and hyperplasia derived from environmental or occupational lung exposure.
- Lung preservation, transplantation, ischemia reperfusion injury.
- Surfactant preparations and therapy.
- Embryonic or adult stem cell-based therapy, lung tissue engineering.
- Gene or drug delivery technologies.
- Inhalers’ characterization and aerosol formulation.
- Artificial lung, mechanical ventilators.
- Imaging-guided biopsy, diagnosis, monitoring and therapy.
- Computer-assisted diagnosis and therapy, and remote medical diagnosis.
- Health education or training directed to the respiratory system health care provider
Shared Interests and Overlaps
CVRS-11 and Small Business: Innovative Immunity (AIDC-10) have shared interests in topics related to the development of therapeutics that are focused on the pulmonary system and related organs. Applications involving diagnostics, medical devices and therapeutics that are focused on the entire pulmonary system and related organs may be reviewed in CVRS-11. Applications examining immunotherapeutic regimens for asthma and allergic diseases may be reviewed in IMM-10.
CVRS-11 and Medical Imaging (SBIB-10) have shared interests in topics related to medical imaging technologies. Applications which utilize newly developed or established imaging strategies in the context of investigating pulmonary and respiratory systems may be reviewed in CVRS-10. Applications which emphasize the development of novel imaging systems or strategies may be reviewed in SBIB-10.
CVRS-11 and Small Business: Biomaterials, Delivery, and Nanotechnology (BST 10) have shared interests in topics related to gene and cell therapy, including strategies of tissue engineering and repair and gene/drug delivery. Applications which utilize newly developed or established strategies in the context of investigating pulmonary and respiratory systems may be reviewed in CVRS-11. Applications which emphasize the development of novel systems or strategies may be reviewed in BST-10.