The Basic Mechanisms of Cancer Therapeutics [BMCT] Study Section reviews applications addressing the mechanisms of action of anti-neoplastic agents, mechanisms of resistance to anti-neoplastic agents and method to circumvent drug resistance.
The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
The membership panel is a list of chartered members only.
- Mechanism(s) of action of anti-neoplastic agents or combinations of agents at the molecular, cellular, or target tissue level
- Mechanism(s) of action of chemosensitizing agents or angiogenesis inhibitors or combinations with anti-neoplastic chemotherapeutic agents
- Mechanism(s) of resistance to anti-neoplastic agents and strategies for circumvention of resistance
- Effect of anti-neoplastic agents on tumor cell anabolic processes including: macromolecular synthesis, DNA repair, gene regulation, immortalization, differentiation, cell cycle and checkpoint control, RNA translation, and signal transduction
- Effect of anti-neoplastic agents on tumor cell catabolic processes including: DNA damage, apoptotic and non-apoptotic cell death, protein degradation, protein stability, and stress-response pathways
- Identification of molecular targets using kinome screens and systems biology approaches
- Inhibitors targeting circulating tumor cells, cancer stem cells, miRNA expression
Shared Interests and Overlaps