The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
- Development and evaluation of anti-cancer therapeutic agents and drug deliveries in both in vitro and in vivo tumor model systems
- Identification and validation of new cancer relevant molecular targets for therapeutic intervention
- Development of gene therapy with viral or non-viral based delivery in animal models
- Mechanisms of drug resistance and strategies to circumvent resistance
- Natural compounds that modulate signal transduction, cell cycle, angiogenic or apoptotic pathways
Shared Interests and Overlaps
There are shared interests with Cancer Diagnostics and Treatments (CDT) [OTC (13)]. Applications focused on cancer immunotherapeutic agents and strategies may be assigned to OTC (13). Applications focused on development and evaluation of small molecules, peptides, RNA/DNA that act as immunomodulators may be assigned to OTC (10).
There are shared interests with Cancer Biotherapeutics Development (CBD) [OTC (12)]. Applications focused on large (>1kD) biologic or immunologic agents for cancer drug discovery or development may be assigned to OTC (12). Applications developing small molecule drugs that can enter cells easily due to a low molecular weight (<1000 Daltons) structures such as nucleic acids and peptides for cancer drug development and therapy may be assigned to OTC (10).
There are shared interests with Biomaterials, Delivery, and Nanotechnology [BST (10)]. Applications focused on bioengineering approaches for therapy and drug delivery to cells, tissues or their environment may be assigned to BST (10). Applications focused on drug delivery specifically to cancer cells may be assigned to OTC (10).
There are shared interests with Drug Discovery and Development [BCMB (10)]. Applications focused on discovery and developments of therapeutics in general, including synthesis, purification, computational approaches for drug discovery, and assays in support of drug development may be assigned to BCMB (10). Applications focused on development and evaluation of small molecules, peptides, RNA/DNA, proteins specifically as anti-cancer therapeutics may be assigned to OTC (10).