The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
The membership panel is a list of chartered members only.
- Transcription, RNA processing, gene expression and regulation, regulatory networks and dynamics
- Replication, recombination, mutation, repair, mobile genetic elements and gene transfer
- Protein synthesis and modification
- Intermediary metabolism and energics
- Development, differentiation, morphogenesis, cell division, export, secretion, and localization.
- Intercellular signaling, environmental interactions, symbiosis, chemotaxis and motility.
- Stress response, survival, and death
- Assembly of supramolecular structures
- Modeling of microbial cell processes, functional genomics and proteomics
- Molecular and cellular studies of microbiomes and biofilms.
Shared Interests and Overlaps
There are shared interests with Molecular Genetics A (MGA) and Molecular Genetics B (MGB). Applications that focus on molecular mechanisms of DNA/RNA metabolism and translation to understand prokaryote physiology are reviewed by PCMB. Applications that address these processes in bacteria as model organisms of eukaryotes may be reviewed in MGA or B.
There are shared interests with Genomics, Computational Biology and Technology Study Section (GCAT). Studies of processes of microbial communities may be reviewed by PCMB. Development of metagenomic analysis methods may be assigned to GCAT.
There are shared interests with Genetic Variation and Evolution Study Section (GVE). Applications investigating the evolution and generation of genetic variation using bacteria may be reviewed in GVE. Applications that use existing evolutionary principles to study bacterial community, cell and molecular processes may be reviewed in PCMB.
Bacterial Pathogenesis (BACP) Applications studying molecular and cellular mechanisms of bacterial pathogenesis are reviewed in BACP; studies of molecular mechanism of fundamental processes, pathways and enzymes as well as virulence factors in pathogenic bacteria are reviewed in PCMB.
Drug Discovery and Mechanisms of Antimicrobial Resistance (DDR) There are shared interests with PCMB in the area of anti-bacterial strategies. Applications that focus on molecular mechanisms of potential bacterial drug targets may be reviewed in PCMB. Applications that focus on the development of anti-bacterial drugs may be reviewed in DDR.
Host Interactions with Bacterial Pathogens (HIBP) There are shared interests with PCMB in the investigations of the process of bacterial infections. Applications that focus on the basic genetics, biochemistry and physiology of bacterial pathogens may be assigned to PCMB. Applications that focus on the pathogenesis associated with bacterial infections may be assigned to HIBP.
Macromolecular Structure and Function A (MSFA) B (MSFB) C (MSFC) D (MSFD). The MSF study section may review applications with structural studies of prokaryotic molecules; studies of bacterial processes with structural methods maybe reviewed by PCMB.