Approaches include clinical studies, animal models of disease, and in vitro studies of the physiology of these organ systems and of their function in health or disease. Basic, applied and pre-clinical aspects of the design and development of medical imaging systems, their components, software, and mathematical models, for studies at the organ, small or large animal, and human scale are also included. Proposals involving the application and validation of in vivo animals in animals or humans, including early phase clinical studies of medical imaging systems, molecular probes and contrast agents, software, molecular imaging techniques and related technologies are also reviewed here. The focus of the computer/informatics area is on methods, techniques and software development primarily related to clinical problems.
The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
- Organ system physiology and pathobiology studies that utilize genetic and molecular biological approaches.
- Experimental models, clinical studies and studies on the mechanisms of disease states including biomechanics and exercise physiology involving musculoskeletal systems.
- Toxicology related to musculoskeletal, oral, and skin system.
- Underlying pathophysiology of muscle physiology addressing the role of actin and myosin and other factors in skeletal muscle contractility.
- Effects of immune processes and infection on target tissue physiology.
- Development and evaluation of surgical systems, therapeutic devices and systems.
- Design, development, implementation and testing of imaging systems, including pre-clinical, Phase I, and Phase II clinical trials.
- Development of tissue engineered constructs.
- Multi-model treatment of critical injury.
- Organ preservation.
- Pathogenesis and amelioration of shock.
- Application of intelligent systems to clinical problems.
- Application of data analysis, management and mining to medical records, picture archiving, teleimaging, etc
- Development of telemedicine systems.
- Processing of medical images.
- Characterization of tissues by imaged based methods
- Image guided surgical interventions.
- Medical image observer performance.
- Prediction, selection and monitoring therapeutic response by administering agents and imaging; synthesis of new diagnostic agents
- In vivo strategies for characterizing tissues.
- Development of surrogate endpoints based on quantitative imaging.
Shared Interests and Overlaps