Avoid These Pitfalls in the Submission Process
- Failing to appreciate that submission is a multi-step process
- Submitting your application at the last minute
- Not using the right application form
- Not paying close attention to the instructions
- Submitting an incomplete application
- Overstuffing your application
- Submitting a new application but referring to previous review outcomes or criticism
- Using a small font
Do These Things
- Prepare your submission well ahead of the application deadline.
- Make sure your institution has all the required registrations completed before you submit your application
- Find and use a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) that fits your application.
- Follow all the instructions in the NOFO and in the application package.
- Use your eRA Commons account to track progress of your application through Grants.gov and NIH submission systems.