The Small Business Hematology special emphasis panel reviews grant applications in the areas of basic research, translational research and clinical studies. The focus is on all aspects of hematology including transfusion medicine and blood diseases.
The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether standing members or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
- Development of hematological diagnostic devices and assays.
- Development of blood components and transport containers.
- Storage of whole blood and its components, development of blood substitutes.
- Evaluation of transfusion medicine products and devices.
- Hematological stem cell culture, stem cell therapy and hematopoiesis.
- Therapy for hemoglobin disorders.
- Gene therapy and anticoagulation therapy of pathologic hemostasis and thrombosis including hemophilia.
Shared Interests and Overlaps
There are shared interests with Small Business: Cell and Molecular Biology [IMST (15)]. Applications with new technologies for cell culture, stem cells, and cryopreservation of cells may be assigned to [IMST (15)]. Applications involving hematological stem cell culture and cryopreservation as it refers to blood products may be assigned to [VH (10)].
There are shared interests with Small Business: Biomaterials, Delivery, and Nanotechnology [BST (10)] and Small Business: Cell and Molecular Biology [IMST (15)]. Applications integrating cells into biomaterial constructs and/or studying the integration of biomaterials into cellular environments may be assigned to BST (10). Applications developing new cell-based technologies and assays may be assigned to IMST (15). Applications that involve developing assays or technologies for hematological applications may be reviewed in [VH (10)].