The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
The membership panel is a list of chartered members only.
- Clinical therapy trials including surgical intervention, chemotherapy, radiation therapy and radiopharmaceuticals, combined modality therapy, immunotherapy (antibody and cellular), vaccine and gene therapy, and therapy with biological response modifiers
- Pharmacologic and toxicological studies of new modalities in patients and correlative studies relevant to therapeutic clinical trials
- Non-behavioral alternative cancer therapies and therapy and care of older cancer patients with age-specific issues
- Validation of prognostic biomarkers using large scale clinical samples
- Targeted therapy with small molecular inhibitors and patient-specific biomarkers
- Therapy targeted at stem cells regulation and the use of circulating tumor cells (CTC) as prognostic indicators
Shared Interests and Overlaps
There are shared interests with Cancer Biomarkers Study Section (CBSS) . Applications involving cancer biomarkers may be assigned to CBSS. But validation of prognostic biomarkers using large scale clinical samples may be assigned to CONC.
There are shared interests with Cancer Immunopathology and Immunotherapy (CII) . Applications involving cancer immunology and preclinical immunotherapy may be assigned to CII; but cancer immunotherapy trials and correlative studies may be assigned to CONC.
There are shared interests with Developmental Therapeutics (DT) . Applications addressing the experimental therapy of neoplastic diseases in in vitro systems and in vivo model systems, including some pilot clinical trials may be assigned to DT; but targeted therapy with small molecular inhibitors in clinical trials may be assigned to CONC.
There are shared interests with Radiation Therapeutics and Biology (RTB) . RTB reviews applications on therapeutic interactions of ionizing radiation, radionuclides, electromagnetic radiation, and heat at the molecular, cellular, organ and patient levels. Applications involving cancer clinical trials using radiopharmaceuticals or radiation may be assigned to CONC.
There are shared interests with Transplantation, Tolerance and Tumor Immunology (TTT) . TTT reviews applications involving the making and breaking of immune tolerance including human and animal studies of immune-mediated transplant rejection, basic mechanisms of acquired immune tolerance, and studies of tumor immunology and vaccine development. Applications involving cancer clinical trials using BMT or GVHD as modalities or vaccine therapy may be assigned to CONC.
There are shared interests with Medical Imaging (MEDI) . MEDI reviews proposals involving the application and validation of in vivo imaging of humans and animals. Applications using imaging techniques to monitor therapeutic outcome in clinical trials may be assigned to CONC.
There are shared interests with Aging Systems and Geriatrics (ASG) . ASG reviews applications on studies of age-related conditions and diseases that cover multiple organ systems or disciplines, which require integrated experimental or observational approaches. Applications involving cancer clinical trials in elderly patients may be assigned to CONC.