Three Tools to Help Direct Your Application to the Best Place for Review and Funding
1. Use NIH RePorter to locate funded applications in your field and discover:
- The scientific review groups (located in Project Information) in which they were reviewed.
- The NIH Institutes and Centers that fund this field of research.
- The program officers who can guide you before submission and after the results of the review.
You can use the Matchmaker function or a text search.
2. Use CSR's Assisted Referral Tool (ART) to match your abstract or specific aims to a study section/scientific review group.
3. Use the Assignment Request Form in your application to:
- Suggest assignment to an institute that might be interested in funding your application (e.g., NCI, NIAID).
- Suggest a study section/review group assignment. All suggestions will be considered; however, not all assignment suggestions can be honored.
- Identify conflicts of interest.
- suggest expertise using keywords. Never request specific reviewers.