The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
The membership panel is a list of chartered members only.
- Methods for data acquisition, storage, management, query and representation, data integrity and validation, and data integration.
- Methods for the analysis of large datasets from high throughput experiments including genomic, transcriptomic, nucleic acid:protein crosslinking-immunoprecipitation, proteomic and metabolomic studies.
- Methods for pattern discovery, gene network inference, biomarker identification, protein and nucleic acid structure prediction, drug discovery and re-use.
- Scientific visualization systems for the summary, integration, and representation of data.
- Design and engineering of computing hardware and software systems for biological research involving but not limited to ‘omics, medical and cellular imaging, electronic medical records and biological simulations.
Shared Interests and Overlaps
There are shared interests with Biomedical Computing and Health Informatics (BCHI) with regard to data mining of electronic medical records or integration of these records with other data sources. Applications that are developing new or improving the performance of existing computational strategies for mining and integrating electronic health records with ‘omics or imaging data can be assigned to BDMA. Applications that focus on new mining and integration methods and representing data for clinical decision support may be assigned to BCHI.
There are shared interests with Biomedical Imaging Technology A (BMIT-A) or Biomedical Imaging Technology B (BMIT-B) with regard to image analysis. Applications that focus on the maintenance, refinement, or integration of existing software tools for imaging datasets can be assigned to BDMA. Applications that develop new data analysis methods and tools for imaging datasets, especially in a preclinical settings may be assigned to BMIT-A or BMIT-B.
There are shared interests with Biostatistical Methods and Research Design (BMRD) with regard to statistical analysis of genomic and gene expression data. Applications that focus on the development and maintenance of existing research software in this domain may be assigned to BDMA. Applications that focus on developing new statistical methods for the analysis of genomic and gene expression data and statistical genetic studies may be assigned to BMRD.
There are shared interests with Genomics, Computational Biology and Technology (GCAT) with regard to the computational analysis of –omics data. Applications that propose to develop computational methods and tools for improving -omic data analysis and integration may be assigned in BDMA. Applications developing computational methods to address specific biological questions in genetics, genomics, metabolomics, and proteomics may be assigned to GCAT.
There are shared interests with Modeling and Analysis of Biological Systems (MABS), in particular with systems biology research. Applications that focus on the improving or developing new algorithms or computational tools for general problems in network inference can be assigned in BDMA. Applications that have a specific biological focus can be assigned to MABS.
There are shared interests with Macromolecular Structure and Function D (MSFD) with regard to macromolecular structure prediction. Applications that focus on informatics approaches, developing databases, or software engineering of existing structural and biophysical tools may be assigned to BDMA. Applications that develop new methods and algorithms for the analysis and modeling of macromolecular structures may be assigned to MSFD.