The topics covered include basic and clinical aspects of aging and neurodegenerative disorders, with emphasis on applied research oriented towards developing treatments, diagnostic methods, and models of disease for testing new therapies. Among the topics covered are Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, movement degenerative disorders such as Parkinson’s, Huntington’s, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, and multiple sclerosis. It also covers non-stroke neuro-vasculature abnormalities. The specific types of projects include medicinal chemistry and pre-clinical development, toxicology, and some clinical studies to establish proof-of-principle for new or new uses of existing drugs.
The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether standing members or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
- Interventions for senescence, aging-related cognitive impairment, and mild cognitive impairment (MCI)
- Alzheimer’s disease and Alzheimer’s related dementia (AD/ADRD)
- Neurodegenerative movement disorders such as Parkinson’s diseases (PD), Huntington’s disease (HD), amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), etc.
- Multiple sclerosis
- Congenital cognitive disorders/impairments
- Brain blood vascular, glymphatic circulation and non-stroke vascular abnormalities
- Biomarkers for predicting aging, cellular senescence and neurodegenerative disorders
- Projects may also focus on neurodrug discovery and development, molecular manipulation and engineering, development of specific research reagents and assays, therapeutics, and proteins that interact with and modulate neuroreceptors, transporters and transducers.
Shared Interests and Overlaps
Small Businesses: Neuroscience Assays, Diagnostics, Instrumentation and Interventions – NV (13)
Small Business: Drug Discovery for Neuropsychiatric and Neurologic Disorders – NV (14)