F10C reviews fellowship applications for basic and clinical aspects of the vascular system and hematology. Approaches include clinical studies, animal models of disease, and in vitro studies of the physiology of this organ system and its function in health or disease.
The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
- Genetic and molecular biological approaches to vascular systems.
- Vessel wall biology, and pathobiology of the blood vessels leading to atherogenesis.
- Immune mechanisms in vascular inflammation and atherosclerosis.
- Lipoprotein interactions with vascular cells and matrix components.
- Endothelial and smooth muscle cell biology, reactive oxygen/nitrogen species and oxidized lipoproteins on vascular cells.
- Hemostasis (platelets and coagulation), hematopoiesis and leukogenesis
Shared Interests and Overlaps
There are shared interests with Fellowships: Immunology and Area – [F07]. Applications with an emphasis on hematopoietic stem cells, erythropoiesis, atherosclerosis, myelopoiesis associated with vascular diseases, and applications involving immune processes or infection where the target tissue physiology is the readout or endpoints may be reviewed by F10C. Applications with a focus on lymphocyte development may be assigned to [(F07)].
There are shared interests with Physiology and Pathobiology of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems [ F10A ] Applications involving basic and clinical aspects of cardiovascular and respiratory systems may be assigned to [(F10A)]. Applications involving basic and clinical aspects of the vascular and hematological systems may be assigned to [(F10C)].