The emphasis is on an integrative biological systems understanding of the abnormalities using a wide range of molecular, genetic, biochemical, electrophysiological, pharmacological, cellular, behavioral and neuroanatomical methods. PMDA also reviews applications using human tissues when the emphasis is on molecular outcomes.
The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
The membership panel is a list of chartered members only.
- Psychiatric disorders including, schizophrenia, mood, anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorders.
- Behavioral disorders including phobias, antisocial personality, obsessive-compulsive and attention deficit disorders.
- Addictive disorders.
- Neurobiology of psychiatric manifestations in neurological disorders and chromosomal abnormalities.
- Models of neurobiological and behavioral processes and deficits that are core features of neuropsychiatric and addictive disorders.
- Neurobiological and behavioral consequences of allelic variations associated with mental disorders and their investigations in model systems.
- Genomic, genetic, epigenetic, proteomic and metabolomic studies.
Shared Interests and Overlaps
Neural Basis of Psychopathology, Addictions and Sleep Disorders (NPAS) and PMDA have multiple shared interest, but NPAS only reviews human subject based applications that are focused on the clinical, imaging, behavioral and treatment outcomes; while PMDA reviews applications that use in vitro and animal model based project using molecular, genetic, biochemical, electrophysiological, pharmacological, cellular, behavioral and neuroanatomical methods to understand the biological systems that mediate neuropsychiatric abnormalities. PMDA also reviews human subject studies that focused mainly on the molecular outcomes (genomic, epigenetic, proteomic, metabolomics).
Molecular and Cellular Substrates of Complex Brain Disorders Special Emphasis Panel [ZRG1 MDCN-P (57)] and PMDA have shared interests. Applications submitted in response to PAR-17-309 (R01) and PAR-17-310, “Cellular and Molecular Biology of Complex Brain Disorders” and applications in conflict with PMDA are assigned to ZRG1 MDCN-P (57).
Molecular Neurogenetics (MNG) and PMDA have shared interests in studies focused on genetics of addiction. MNG reviews applications where the focus is on chromatin remodeling.
Developmental Brain Disorders (DBD) and PMDA have shared interests in studies focused on developmental aspects of psychiatric disorders, including schizophrenia, with regard to developmental aspects.
Molecular Neuropharmacology and Signaling (MNPS) and PMDA have shared interests in studies focused on neurotransmitter and receptor signal transduction relevant to the mechanisms of addiction and mental disorders.
Neurobiology of Motivated Behavior (NMB) and PMDA have shared interests in applications examining the Neurobiological actions of psychoactive/psychotherapeutic agents: Includes molecular and cellular mechanisms of action of psychoactive drugs on behavior.