The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
The membership panel is a list of chartered members only.
- Brain-computer interfaces and neuroprosthetics: hardware; signal processing, biofeedback
- Neuron culture systems and tissue models: microfluidics-based, MEMS-based, high-throughput compound screening platforms, two and three-dimensional substrates
- Fostering injured nerve regrowth: artificial nerve grafts, engineered matrices, scaffolds, stem cells
- Implantable electrodes, multi-electrode arrays, and biochemical microdialysis/sensors/nanoprobes: design and performance optimization, tissue response/biocompatibility analysis
- Invasive methods of experimental and therapeutic brain and nerve stimulation: electrical, optogenetic, other approaches
- Localization and monitoring of neural activity/epileptic seizure foci using invasive methods: implanted electrodes, ECoG
- Therapeutic formulations and drug delivery strategies for treatment of ocular disorders: refinements for targeted bioavailability, improved efficacy
- Bioengineering approaches for treatment of eye injury and correction of refractive error: corneal remodeling, visual prosthetics, other approaches/devices
Shared Interests and Overlaps
Biomaterials and Biointerfaces (BMBI) also reviews biomaterials fabrication and optimization, tissue engineering, biomimetic culture systems, surface patterning and manipulation, implant biocompatibility, biosensors, MEMS and/or microfluidic devices, drug delivery systems proposals. Applications in these areas working with neural or ocular cells/tissues or in the contexts of nervous or visual system function/repair are appropriate for BNVT review.
Bioengineering, Technology, and Surgical Sciences (BTSS) also reviews engineering of cellular and tissue constructs/scaffolds, stem cell-based regeneration, implantable devices for drug delivery and nanotherapeutics, biosensors, MEMS devices, microarray proposals. Applications in these areas working with neural or ocular cells/tissues or in the contexts of nervous or visual system function/repair are appropriate for BNVT review. Applications in the areas of neurosurgical robotics, neurovascular fluid dynamics, and brain aneurysm or hydrocephalic stent design are appropriate for BTSS review.
Instrumentation and Systems Development (ISD) also reviews MEMS and/or microfluidic devices, microdialysis technology, biosensors proposals. Applications in these areas working with neural or ocular cells/tissues or in the contexts of nervous or visual system function/repair are appropriate for BNVT review.
There are shared interests with Neuroscience and Ophthalmic Imaging Technologies (NOIT), including: brain recording and stimulation in experimental and clinical contexts, e.g., monitoring and modulation of epileptic seizures. Applications in these areas in which invasive recording/stimulation modalities are used are suitable for BNVT whereas noninvasive modalities (e.g., transcranial magnetic stimulation, ultrasound, etc.) are generally reviewed in NOIT.
There are shared interests with Nanotechnology (NANO), including: development of nanostructures and nanoparticles for targeted drug/gene delivery and analysis of complex biological/biomedical problems. Applications focused in these areas in which nanosystem design and synthesis is a primary objective are suitable for NANO review; applications in these areas working with neural or ocular cells/tissues or in the context of nervous or peripheral visual system function/repair are appropriate for BNVT.