The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
The membership panel is a list of chartered members only.
- Placental development and maintenance: trophoblast invasion and differentiation; endocrinology; transport; the development of utero-placental blood flow; maternal/fetal immune-tolerance mechanisms; hypoxia; epigenetics; application of novel technologies or approaches to assess placenta development/function across pregnancy.
- Parturition: cervical ripening; myometrial contractility; production of factors leading to labor; obstructive labor; clinical obstetrics.
- Complications of pregnancy: preeclampsia; gestational diabetes; maternal metabolic changes and obesity; fetal origins of disease involving fetal/neonatal/maternal endpoints; spontaneous abortion; pre-term labor; recurrent pregnancy loss; diabetic embryopathy; intra-uterine growth restriction.
- Fetal biology: growth, development, and metabolism; fetal physiology, pharmacology, toxicology, and neurobiology; fetal diseases; in utero infection; maternal-fetal interactions; fetal microchimerism.
- Neonatology: transition to extra-uterine life; neonatal physiology, endocrinology, and pathophysiology; jaundice; complications of low birth weight; SIDS
Shared Interests and Overlaps
There are shared interests with Cellular, Molecular and Integrative Reproduction [CMIR] in the investigation of factors that modulate early embryo implantation. Grant applications that focus on post-implantation and trophoblast invasion may be reviewed in PN. Applications focused on preimplantation embryo development up to implantation may be review in CMIR.
There are shared interests with Integrative Nutrition and Metabolic Processes [INMP] in the investigation of nutrient effects on maternal/fetal health. Grant applications focused on nutritional effects to maternal/fetal development may be reviewed by PN. Applications focused on nutritional regulation of maternal-fetal programing may be reviewed by INMP.
There are shared interests with Clinical and Integrative Diabetes and Obesity Study Section [CIDO] in the investigation of maternal obesity and diabetes. Grant appliations that focus on understanding complications to pregnancy, fetal development, or the neonate by gestational diabetes or obesity may be reviewed in PN. Applications that focus on maternal nutrition and gestational diabetes effects on childhood or adult obesity may be review by CIDO.
There are shared interest with Integrative and Clinical Endocrinology and Reproduction [ICER] in the investigation of reproductive toxicology. Applications that focus on endocrine or reproductive function may be reviewed by ICER. Applications focused on effects on pregnancy complications or fetal development may be reviewed in PN.
There are shared interests with Cardiovascular Differentiation and Development [CDD] in the investigation of neonatal physiology. Grant applications that focus on effects of pregnancy complications on fetal heart development may be reviewed in PN. Applications focused on development and differentiation of the heart may be reviewed by CDD.