Review Branch Summary
The Imaging, Surgery, and Bioengineering Review Branch will review applications for research grants that address topics in a variety of areas at the interface between a physical science or engineering and biomedical or clinical research.
- Clinical Translational Imaging Science CTIS
- Emerging Imaging Technologies and Applications EITA
- Imaging Guided Interventions and Surgery IGIS
- Imaging Probes and Contrast Agents IPCA
- Imaging Technology Development ITD
- Bioengineering, Technology, and Surgical Sciences Study Section BTSS
- Surgery, Anesthesiology, and Trauma Study Section SAT
- Surgical Sciences, Biomedical Imaging Bioengineering Small Business Special Emphasis Panels ISB Small Business SEPs
- Fellowship: Surgical Sciences, Biomedical Imaging, and Bioengineering F15
- PAR Panel: Academic Industrial Partnerships for Translation of Medical Technologies ZRG1 ISB-D 57
- Development of molecular probes and contrast agents; development of molecular imaging techniques; and basic, applied, and pre-clinical aspects of the design and development of medical imaging systems (including hardware, software and mathematical methods of image analysis) for studying organs or whole animals (including humans).
- Application of computational sciences to knowledge and information in bio and clinical medicine, healthcare and their integration.
- Development of: biomedical sensing and measurement instrumentation; diagnostic instrumentation creating knowledge to enhance organ system function and recovery; innovative biologics, materials, processes, implants, devices; and informatics approaches to prevent, diagnose, and treat disease.
- Surgery and anesthesiology; host response to sepsis and injury; surgical and microsurgical therapies; surgical critical care and emergency medicine; treatment of trauma; multi-organ responses to surgery.