Basic, applied and pre-clinical aspects of the design and development of medical imaging systems, their components, software, and mathematical models, for studies at the organ, small or large animal, and human scale are also included. Proposals involving the application and validation of in vivo animals in animals or humans, including early phase clinical studies of medical imaging systems, molecular probes and contrast agents, software, molecular imaging techniques and related technologies are also reviewed here. The panel reviews science covered by the Musculoskeletal, Oral and Skin Sciences [MOSS] and Surgical Sciences, Biomedical Imaging, and Bioengineering[SBIB] integrated review groups.
The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
- Organ system physiology and pathobiology studies that utilize genetic and molecular biological approaches in musculoskeletal, oral and skin systems.
- Experimental models, clinical studies and studies on the mechanisms of disease states including biomechanics and exercise physiology involving musculoskeletal systems.
- Effects of immune processes and infection on target tissue physiology.
- Design, development, implementation and testing of imaging systems, including pre-clinical, Phase I, and Phase II clinical trials.
- Biomedical and clinically-based bioengineering, including tissue engineered constructs, regenerative medicine, wound healing, and point-of-care implantable or wearable physiological monitoring and measurement devices.
- Multi-modal treatment of critical injury and pathogenesis and amelioration of shock.
- Application of intelligent systems to clinical problems.
- Development of telemedicine systems and tele-imaging.
- Application of data analysis, management and mining medical records.
- Biomedical and clinically-based medical image processing, including tissue characterization, image guided surgical interventions, and medical image observer performance.
- Prediction, selection and monitoring therapeutic response by administering agents and imaging; synthesis of new diagnostic agents.
Shared Interests and Overlaps
There are shared interests with Fellowship: Cell Biology, Developmental Biology, and Bioengineering [F05] Applications at the interface between a physical science or engineering and biomedical or clinical research may be assigned to F10B. Applications that focus on a fundamental aspect of bioengineering and technology development may be assigned to F05.
There are shared interests with Fellowships: Risk, health and healthcare [F16] Applications involving the study of health informatics from a social and behavioral science perspective may be assigned to [(F16)]. Applications involving informatics methods and techniques and software development involving an imaging and surgical science focus may be assigned to [(F10B)].
There are shared interests with Physiology and Pathobiology of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems [ F10A ] Applications involving basic and clinical aspects of cardiovascular, vascular or hematopoiesis systems may be assigned to [(F10A)]. Applications involving tissue engineering, assist devices and/or imaging design, development, testing and implementation of cardiovascular, vascular or hematopoiesis systems may be assigned to [(F10B)].
There are shared interests with Fellowship: Oncological Sciences Fellowship Panel [F09B] Applications involving cancer treatment (drug discovery, radiation, and development of therapeutic strategies) may be assigned to [(F09B)]. Applications involving tissue engineering, development of diagnostic devices, evaluation of therapeutic devices and systems may be assigned to [(F10B)].