The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
- Evaluating informed consent processes, including consent capacity of populations, and strategies to improve the process of informed consent in clinical care and research studies.
- Evaluating questions about the ethics in the architecture of clinical trial study designs and its relationship to clinical care decisions and outcomes.
- Evaluating ethical, legal, and social issues (ELSI) in decision making by either the health care provider or the patient and family in areas such as testing for genetic diseases, end of life, transplant and organ allocation, reproductive technology, intensive care units, and emergency medicine.
- Psychosocial, ethical, and legal issues for consumers and professionals in use of new testing, diagnostic and treatment modalities (i.e., genomics, gene-editing, stem cell, and nanotechnology).
Shared Interests and Overlaps
- Health Disparities and Equity Promotion Study Section (HDEP)
- Community Influences on Health Behavior Study Section (CIHB)
* SEIR will convert into a continuous special emphasis panel (ZRG1 SEIR) as of the 2018/01 round