The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
The membership panel is a list of chartered members only.
- Protein-protein and protein-nucleic acid interactions including large assemblies responsible for DNA or RNA transactions and mechanisms of allostery.
- Multi-protein complexes and molecular machines.
- Structure Function studies of molecules involved in cell-cell interactions including adhesion, migration, signal transduction and mechanotransduction.
- Molecular motors and systems driven by energy-dependent conformational changes including ATPases.
- Biophysical studies of muscle structure and function.
- Single molecule methods and investigations.
Shared Interests and Overlaps
There are shared interests for applications involving macromolecular biophysics and structural biology with Macromolecular Structure and Function A (MSFA), Macromolecular Structure and Function B (MSFB), Macromolecular Structure and Function D (MSFD), and Biochemistry and Biophysics of Membranes (BBM). Applications focused on large protein complexes and molecular machines, protein-nucleic acid complexes, molecules involved in cell-cell interactions, ATP-dependent molecular motors including muscle proteins, and applications involving single molecule methods may be assigned to MSFC.
There are shared interests with Nuclear and Cytoplasmic Structure/Function and Dynamics (NCSD) for applications involving molecular motors. Applications where the primary focus is to study structure-function relationships of these molecules may be assigned to MSFC.
There are shared interests with Molecular Genetics A (MGA) and Molecular Genetics B (MGB). Applications involving structure and function studies of RNA, DNA and protein nucleic acid complexes where the focus is primarily directed towards characterizing the structural and biophysical aspects may be assigned to MSFB while applications that involve more focus on the function of the molecules in the context of the host organism may be assigned to MGA or MGB
There are shared interests with Prokaryotic Cell and Molecular Biology (PCMB). Applications involving structure function studies of prokaryotic molecules may be reviewed by MSFC studies that focus on bacterial processes that also include structural methods maybe reviewed by PCMB.