EMNR will evaluate applications on basic and clinical aspects of hypothalamic, pituitary, gonadal, thyroid, and adrenal physiology and pathophysiology, diabetes mellitus (including its pathogenesis, complications and treatment), the biology of the pancreatic islet (beta cell), adipocyte biology, obesity (including its causes and treatment), and other metabolic disorders including inborn errors of metabolism and nutrient transport disorders. Also reviewed in this IRG are applications addressing the biology of reproduction and the pathobiology of its disorders (including the causes and treatments of infertility); male and female reproductive aging and menopause; obstetrical disorders of implantation, gestation, embryogenesis, and parturition; disorders of fetal and neonatal life; and gynecologic conditions are reviewed in this IRG. Studies of the role of nutrition under normal and pathological conditions are also reviewed in this IRG.
- Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology Study Section *Ends after Oct/Nov 2020 review meetings MCE
- Integrative and Clinical Endocrinology and Reproduction Study Section ICER
- Cellular, Molecular and Integrative Reproduction Study Section CMIR
- Pregnancy and Neonatology Study Section PN
- Cellular Aspects of Diabetes and Obesity Study Section *Ends after Oct/Nov 2020 review meetings CADO
- Integrative Physiology of Obesity and Diabetes Study Section *Ends after Oct/Nov 2020 review meetings IPOD
- Clinical and Integrative Diabetes and Obesity Study Section *Ends after Oct/Nov 2020 review meetings CIDO
- Integrative Nutrition and Metabolic Processes Study Section *Ends after Oct/Nov 2020 review meetings INMP
- Diabetes, Metabolism, Nutrition and Obesity Small Business SEP EMNR (10)
- Reproductive Sciences Small Business SEP EMNR (11)
- Endocrinology, Metabolism, Nutrition and Reproductive Sciences (EMNR) Integrated Review Group Fellowship Panel F06
- New! Basic Mechanisms of Diabetes and Metabolism *Begins with Oct. 5 grant deadlines and Feb/March 2021 review meetings BMDM
- New! Pathophysiology of Obesity and Metabolic Disease *Begins with Oct. 5 grant deadlines and Feb/March 2021 review meetings POMD
- New! Human Studies of Diabetes and Obesity *Begins with Oct. 5 grant deadlines and Feb/March 2021 review meetings HSDO
- New! Nutrition and Metabolism in Health and Disease *Begins with Oct. 5 grant deadlines and Feb/March 2021 review meetings NMHD
- New! Cell Signaling and Molecular Endocrinology *Begins with Oct. 5 grant deadlines and Feb/March 2021 review meetings CSME
- This IRG reviews applications involving integrative physiology and pathophysiology such as neuroendocrinology; humoral actions on the gut, lung and heart; cancers of the endocrine glands; as well as studies related to the effects and mechanisms of action of drugs, biopharmaceuticals, alcohol and toxicants, xenobiotics and endobiotics on reproduction or on endocrine glands.
- Applications reviewed in this IRG may propose a broad range of basic or clinical research methods and techniques, including pharmacologic, chemical and biochemical approaches, genetics, genomics and proteomics, molecular and cell biology techniques, animal models, and patient-oriented studies involving these research topics mentioned above.