The List of Reviewers lists all present, whether permanent or temporary, to provide the full scope of expertise present on that date. Lists are posted 30 days before the meeting and are tentative, pending any last minute changes.
The membership panel is a list of chartered members only.
- Embryonic stem cell differentiation into germ layers and organ systems, differentiation, including changes in gene expression and all processes leading to tissue formation and the adoption of specific cell fates.
- Events leading to formation of organs including, heart, lung, kidney, limbs, brain and spinal cord, liver, GI tract, skeleton, gonads, and reproductive tract.
- Gametogenesis: stem cell niche in gametogenesis; germ cell/somatic cell interactions; imprinting; and meiosis in a developmental context.
- Metamorphosis and the regeneration of body parts (organs, limbs, nervous system, etc.).
- Systems biology approach in characterizing regulatory networks in development, particularly in the context of gametogenesis, organogenesis, metamorphosis, and regeneration.
- Epigenetics, gene regulation and signaling in development.
- Cellular processes in development, including regulation and mechanisms of autophagy and programmed cell death.
Shared Interests and Overlaps
There are shared interests with Development-2 (DEV2) in stem cell biology. Applications about pluripotency and totipotency are reviewed in DEV2, and applications with a focus on differentiation into germ layers and tissue formation are reviewed in DEV1
There are shared interests with Intercellular Interactions (ICI). Applications studying signaling pathways to mediate cell-cell interactions are reviewed in ICI. Applications studying cell-cell interaction in the context of organ development can also be reviewed in DEV1
There are shared interests with Cellular Signaling and Regulatory Systems (CSRS) in basic cellular processes such as cell proliferation and cell death. Applications about basic science of these process are reviewed in CSRS. Applications with a focus on these processes in organ development may be reviewed in DEV1
There are shared interests with Cellular, Molecular and Integrative Reproduction (CMIR) in the area of germ stem cell biology. Applications that focus on differentiation and maturation of male and female germ cells and in sex determination may be assigned to CMIR. Applications focused on germ stem cells niche and meiosis are reviewed in DEV1.
There are shared interests with Molecular Genetics (MGB) in epigenetics and gene regulatory networks. Applications studying basic epigenetics and gene regulatory mechanisms are reviewed in MGB, and those applications studying role of these processes in development are reviewed in DEV1.
There are shared interests with Cardiovascular Differentiation and Development (CDD) in all aspects of heart and vascular development.
There are shared interests with Lung Injury, Repair, and Remodeling (LIRR). Applications studying embryonic lung development as well as stem cells in lung development and regeneration are reviewed in DEV1.
There are shared interests with Neurogenesis and Cell Fate (NCF) and NDPR in neuronal development.
There are shared interests between DEV1 and Hepatobiliary Pathophysiology (HBPP) in liver development.
There are shared interests between DEV1 and Kidney Molecular Biology and Genitourinary Organ Development (KMBD) in development of kidney and genitourinary tract.